Bring your expertise to the Ministry of Education, Inclusive Education, Priorities & Engagement Branch by providing advice on policies and research expertise related to elementary and secondary education issues, parent engagement, and support for underserved communities
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Undertake the research, evaluation, analysis studies related to the elementary and secondary school sector
- Consult and solicits input on proposed policies with key ministry and external stakeholders
- Maintain current knowledge of elementary/secondary school issues in the province
- Consult with educational experts in other governments
- Develop in-depth reports and analyses
- Prepare a range of analyses/communications requested by senior management and other stakeholders.
How do I qualify?
- You must possess oral and written French language skills at the superior level. Your proficiency level will be confirmed before hire.
Program and Policy Development and Analysis Knowledge
• You have knowledge of policy and program development principles and techniques and government legislative/decision making processes;
• You have knowledge of program analysis/evaluation techniques to assess the effectiveness of new/changed policies and programs and to make relevant recommendations;
• You have a sound understanding of socio-economic issues impacting education in the province, relevant legislation, provincial pertaining to the educational system;
• You can ensure that government objectives and directions are considered in the development of policy and program performance criteria, and benchmarks
Research, Analytical and Project Management Skills
• You demonstrate proven research and project management skills techniques;
• You can identify and evaluate impacts of proposed policy changes and implementation issues;
• You can anticipate and identify problems/risks and develop options for resolution.
Communication, Consultation and Computer Skills
• You can respond to issues and provide recommendations;
• You can prepare various correspondence such as briefing notes;
• You demonstrate effective consultation, negotiation and consensus-building skills;
• You are able to demonstrate diplomacy to respond to sensitive, political issues;
• You have experience using standard computer software programs and tools (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, Internet).
- 1 Bilingual English/French Permanent, 315 Front St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Policy and Analysis
Thursday, January 18, 2024
- This ad is also available in French
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.