Ministry of Health
Executive Director, Capital Services Branch
$137,700.00 - $168,500.09 annually
The Ministry of Health is responsible for maintaining an accessible, high quality, affordable system for health service delivery that meets the needs of the citizens of the Province of BC.
The successful applicant will provide strategic leadership and vision within the ministry and to health authorities in the management of provincial health capital infrastructure, including hospitals, long-term care homes, community care facilities, medical and diagnostic equipment, energy plants, IM/IT and the largest ambulance fleet in North America. This role provides expert analysis and advice with respect to long-term capital plans, annual capital budget submissions and other related health-infrastructure issues. The position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a capital policy framework to ensure best practices in planning, managing and financing health infrastructure needs. The successful applicant will lead the evaluation and oversight of significant and diverse health authority capital projects and makes recommendations with respect to health authorities’ overall capital plans and specific project approvals.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post Secondary degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Engineering, Urban Planning or Architecture AND a minimum five (5) years recent (within the last 10 years) related senior leadership experience* OR;
- An equivalent combination of education and an extensive recent (within the last 10 years) related senior leadership experience*.
*Recent related senior leadership experience must include all of the following:
Experience working under high pressure in an environment where priorities are constantly evolving.
- Experience at an executive level in financial and/or capital planning, asset, resource management.
- Experience in developing strategies in support of policy development, financial allocation, and administration.
- Experience managing and developing professional staff, and project teams.
- Experience developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholder groups in contentious and sensitive situations.
- Experience in developing and managing large capital plans.