Ministry of Health
Registrar General, Vital Statistics Agency
$119,600.00 - $152,599.97 annually
Vital Statistics is responsible for the registration of vital life events and the production of abstracts and certificates of those events to the public of British Columbia. The Agency also produces data and several health status indicators that are utilized as key information resources by both provincial and federal health planners and researchers.
The Registrar General, Vital Statistics Agency provides province-wide leadership in the development, interpretation and application of program policy and procedures, as well as institutes an ongoing series of individual and corporate performance measures to ensure the effective and efficient provision of vital statistics services to the population of British Columbia. This position represents the province when providing legislative recommendations to senior government officials of provincial and international jurisdictions and when participating in national and international forums to discuss issues common to all vital statistics operations. The Registrar General, Vital Statistics Agency has a significant impact on policy direction at the national level as British Columbia’s representative on the Vital Statistics Council for Canada. The incumbent provides direction to all Agency employees and external service providers responsible for operations planning and implementation of services throughout the province and oversees the administration of applicable legislation.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in public or business administration or related field and five to seven years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in project management and administering operational programs
- Significant experience in preparing briefing and advisory documents for the Minister’s Office, Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister
- Experience in a senior manager role, supervising professional staff, project teams, contractors and/or consultants.
- Experience supervising and coaching a management team.