Are you an employee of a Broader Public Sector (BPS) organization (School Board, Children’s Aid Society, Hospital, College, University, etc.)? Are you an experienced policy, partnership, program or evaluation professional? Are you passionate about advancing racial equity in Ontario and have expertise in equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion? If so, consider joining the Anti-Racism Directorate!
We are looking to onboard professionals who have expertise in one or more of the following areas to support key priorities:
• Policy development and analysis
• Indigenous policy/programs and community engagement
• Community engagement
• Program design, implementation, and monitoring
• Evaluation and performance measurement
As subject matter experts in their sectors, the successful candidates would lead and coordinate policy, program and evaluation development initiatives and projects related to provincial anti-racism strategies and initiatives that meet and advance ministry objectives.
The Anti-Racism Directorate leads the government’s anti-racism initiatives to build a more inclusive society, and works to identify, address and prevent systemic racism in government policy, legislation, program and services.
What are the available secondment roles?
• Three (3) Senior Indigenous Policy and Partnership Advisor and Senior Policy and Partnership Advisor positions in the Policy and Partnership Branch to support the work of development and implementation of the Anti-Racism Strategy, Anti-Hate Plan, and/ or Anti-Indigenous Racism Strategy
• Two (2) Senior Program Design and Implementation Advisor positions in the Program and Evaluation Branch to support the development, implementation, and monitoring of anti-racism initiatives
• One (1) Senior Evaluation and Performance Measurement Advisor positions in the Program and Evaluation Branch to support the development and execution of evaluation and performance measurement frameworks for key anti-racism strategies and initiatives
How do I qualify?
Indigenous Reconciliation, Equity, Anti-Racism, Inclusion and Diversity knowledge, understanding and skills:
• You have knowledge and experience working in your sectors through an anti- racism approach and have a deep understanding of the impacts of systemic racism on Indigenous, Black and other racialized children, youth, individuals and communities in Ontario.
• You have skills, knowledge and understanding of how various forms of racism, hate and discrimination including anti-Black racism, anti-Indigenous racism, anti- Semitism and Islamophobia impact individuals and communities.
• You have knowledge and awareness of the Crown’s relationship with Indigenous people, treaties and the Aboriginal and treaty rights of Indigenous communities within Ontario, including governments duty to consult and accommodate Indigenous communities.
• You have an understanding of Indigenous communities’ traditional territories, and governance structures, including political organizations, cultural practices and protocols.
• You have knowledge and experience applying intersectional approaches when leading programs and services that support racialized, Indigenous,
2SLGBTQQIA+, persons with disabilities, Francophone and other equity deserving groups and communities.
Policy, Program and/or Evaluation Development Knowledge and Skills
• You have knowledge and experience of policy, program and/or evaluation development principles and techniques and their application to various sectors including health care, education, child welfare, post-secondary, etc.
• Using your BPS experience, you can lead the development of provincial policies and programs that respond to and advance racial equity and address systemic racism, including anti-racism strategies and initiatives.
• You have knowledge of policy/legislative process, policy and research tools, methods, and techniques to provide policy leadership and coordination of a range of policy files.
• You can identify and resolve policy and program options, issues and gaps and manage policy files through the government approvals process.
• You can develop evaluation and performance measurement frameworks for ministry strategies and programs in consultation with key stakeholders and partners.
Communications, Relationship Management and Engagement Skills:
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills to lead stakeholder consultations/collaborations, respond to issues, and provide recommendations.
• You can prepare reports, submissions, briefing materials and correspondence.
• You have effective relationship management skills to enable consultation and engagement with key stakeholders, partners and interest groups.
• You can facilitate discussion, collaboration, and resolution of issues impacting the achievement of the provincial/ministry policy agenda and priorities for provincial anti-racism strategies and initiatives.
Project Management and Leadership:
• You can provide project management and leadership support and review/edit the work of team members to ensure achievement of timelines and quality assurance of materials development.
• You can design, plan and manage policy and program development, option analysis, and implementation plans.
• You can guide and direct activities, including external consultants while managing competing priorities.
Business and Sector Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of strategic objectives of government operations and government decision-making and accountability processes.
• You have knowledge of the broad range of political, social and economic issues and trends impacting racial equity in the province.
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation, provincial/ministry strategic directions pertaining to anti-racism and systemic issues, funding, governance and related critical issues, to provide information and advice to senior management and stakeholders.
• Extensive knowledge and work experience in the Broader Public Service (health care, education, post-secondary, child welfare, etc. and working experience with Indigenous and racialized communities in Ontario.