Saskatchewan is a province of abundance and opportunity, it is a province with economic stability, growth, employment and an affordable cost of living. Due to the nature of its variety of sectors and industries and wholesale trade and international exports, Saskatchewan is a province that can weather many challenges – and has.
Saskatchewan is committed to growth to build a better quality of life for Saskatchewan people – to build strong communities and strong families – and grow a stronger Saskatchewan now, and for the next decade. This includes investing in infrastructure such as hospitals, schools and highways, maintaining a strong economy, and ensuring a robust healthcare system.
Healthcare is a vital determinant of quality of life. The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to building a robust, sustainable healthcare system that serves the needs of the province. Recruiting well trained health professionals who want to work and live in the province is an essential part of achieving that goal. As a result, Saskatchewan is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the Saskatchewan Healthcare Recruitment Agency (Agency) – a newly created crown corporation with a mandate to develop strategies and tactics that facilitate regional, national and international recruitment, retention, transition, and placement of physicians, nurses and other health professionals in Saskatchewan.
As the CEO, you are a collaborative leader who will work in partnership with the province’s health partners, local stakeholders and other ministries to recruit healthcare professionals and to make a significant impact as the province positions its health care system for today and future generations. Reporting to a board of directors, you will provide strategic and operational leadership of the Agency, leading the planning, direction and evaluation of the business plan and developing policies.
- Be the chief spokesperson for the Agency and maintain a visible presence with community leaders and stakeholders ensuring its mission is properly presented.
- Provide support to the Board Chair and Board of Directors in processes, accountabilities, framework, strategic and multi-year planning.
- Establish relationships with community leaders from relevant sectors, both urban and rural, in developing recruitment and retention strategies that meet the needs of all Saskatchewan residents.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders from elected officials to provincial ministries, the Saskatchewan Health Authority, the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, regulatory bodies, First Nations leaders and civil and municipal leaders.
- Develop and present to the Board the annual business plan and budget that will support the delivery of the strategic plan.
- Develop an organizational structure that supports the recruitment and retention of physicians, other priority health professionals as well as develop an effective structure for the leadership team.
- Gain understanding with and address issues and challenges related to health human resources in Saskatchewan, including those faced by persons living in rural areas where the population base is relatively small.
Ideal Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Business, Health or Public Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- You possess 10 or more years of experience at a senior executive level – responsible for multi-faceted operations or portfolios such as marketing, human resources, recruitment, accounting, business development or communications.
- You are experienced in working with and reporting to a board.
- You are an entrepreneurial, ideas driven executive who has direct experience building a team, department or business from the ground up.
- You are a leader who has demonstrated a high level of integrity and ethics in your career through your actions, communications and the decisions you have made.
- You are a leader that understands organizational processes and procedures who is focused on service delivery with strong financial and operations experience.
- You are an excellent collaborator with experience in working with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders and partnerships.
- You are an engaged listener who possesses exceptional communication skills with a high level of political acumen.
- You have proven experience in change management, leading innovation and continuous improvement.
About the Saskatchewan Healthcare Recruitment Agency
The Saskatchewan Healthcare Recruitment Agency is a Treasury Board appointed Crown Corporation mandated to facilitate recruitment of healthcare professionals at the local, national and international level. The establishment of the Agency was announced as part of the Saskatchewan Health Human Resources Action Plan to accelerate efforts to recruit and retain healthcare workers. The Agency will have a pivotal role in coordinating and collaborating with key stakeholders to accelerate the implementation of recruitment initiatives to assist in the recruitment of physicians, nurses and other healthcare workers. This is to ensure an adequate supply of healthcare workers to address service backlogs caused by the pandemic, meet future surge demands, and related to capital expansion projects across the province over the next several years.
The business plan is established and implemented in cooperation with a broad band of province wide leaders in health; education; and local stakeholders such as municipal leaders and local health committees; federal immigration and foreign recruitment resources, and other stakeholders to achieve recruitment and retention outcomes.
To find out more and to see what the Saskatchewan Healthcare Recruitment Agency has to offer you, please visit:
The position is based in Regina but Saskatoon may be considered for the appropriate candidate.