Are you a seasoned policy professional who is passionate about driving value for Ontarians and ready to tackle complex supply chain policy issues? Do you enjoy conducting and leveraging research to creatively address policy and program issues? Are you interested in helping to develop the strategy that will guide public procurement optimization in the province? If you answered yes to all these questions, then we want to hear from you.
Supply Ontario is seeking an experienced Senior Policy Advisor to help develop and advance Supply Ontario’s strategic policy positions leveraging current research, data and trends to help transform the supply chain policy landscape in the province.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing policy and program options; conducting specialized research and analysis to develop strategies, recommend policies, and operational frameworks; and advising senior management and the government on options and recommendations.
- Providing senior level research and advisory services as a functional specialist responsible for leading and planning, policies, programs, and/or services.
- Managing relationships and providing technical advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading decision-making within the policy development cycle, guiding delivery of key policy priorities, assessing risk, and managing financial and program impacts for the Agency.
- Leading a research program and maintaining current knowledge of provincial, national, and international procurement policy and supply chain issues and trends; developing recommendations and strategies to address issues in relation to the broader agenda of Supply Ontario.
- Providing project and technical leadership using a strategic lens throughout all phases of assigned projects including determining project scope, timeframes, milestones and deliverables, planning, recommending staff resources, coordinating, and guiding project team members.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated and proven policy and strategy development experience.
- Demonstrated research and analytical expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of government organizational structures, policy development principles/techniques and decision-making processes, including the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of government and broader public sector directives and guidelines relating to the development of governance and operational policy and programs, which support the Agency’s strategic direction.
- Advisory and leadership skills to provide strategic policy expertise in support of the Agency’s strategic policy directions and development of legislation, regulations, governance frameworks and related operational policies and to lead/participate on inter-jurisdictional working groups engaged in collaborative policy development, consultations, and issues resolution.
- High levels of political acuity to lead and coordinate outreach with the Ministry regarding compliance, governance, and policy issues and to address and resolve where feasible substantially differing viewpoints and decisions.
Supply Ontario offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and defined benefit pension plan.